Understanding the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS): Let X-Claims Support You

If you’ve received financial advice from an FCA-regulated advisor who has ceased trading, you may be eligible to make a claim to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS has the authority to award compensation for advisors no longer in business, providing a vital safety net for affected individuals.

Handling Ongoing Cases and Non-FCA Regulated Advisors: In instances where your financial advisor is still actively operating, it’s important to first file a complaint directly with them. If the response is unsatisfactory or if your claim is rejected, escalating the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is the next step.

Additionally, for cases involving non-FCA regulated advisors and Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) claims linked to unregulated products, a compensation claim against the SIPP company may be applicable. If the SIPP company is no longer operational, the FSCS can provide necessary recourse.

Direct Approach to the FSCS: While approaching the FSCS directly is an option, it’s crucial to recognise the complexities of managing your claim independently. Handling the extensive paperwork and legal nuances without professional assistance can be daunting and time-consuming.

Choose X-Claims for a Hassle-Free Experience: At X-Claims, we specialise in guiding clients through the FSCS claims process. Our experienced team will take charge of gathering crucial evidence, constructing a robust case, and advocating on your behalf. We aim to make the entire claims journey smooth and efficient, providing you with the assurance and peace of mind you deserve.

Contact us today to begin your claims process and let us support you in your pursuit for financial justice.

Companies in default to look out for:

  • Kellands – under Burns Anderson name on FSCS website – Failed 07 December 2012 – FRN: 126191
  • Verdi Bowker & Bowker – under Exchequergate on FSCS website – Exchequergate Limited – Failed 10 – June 1998 – FRN: 134502
  • The Investment Practice – under D Flowers, B Horner and R Child t/a The Investment Practice – Failed 10 June 2008 – FRN: 143435
  • City Financial Independent Intermediaries / City Financial – under 20Twenty Limited – Failed 30 July 2014 – FRN: 137678
  • Park Row Associates Limited – FRN: 194087 – Failed 21st July 2015
  • Surrey Independent Financial Services Limited – FRN: 401467 – Failed 21st Jan 2011
  • UK Financial Management Limited – FRN: 150498 – Failed 21st March 2000
  • MBT Insurance Services Limited – FRN 118335 – Failed 9th Feb 2007
  • Pointon York Limited formerly Pointon York – FRN: 309975 – Failed 19th Jun 2020
  • Medical & Dental Insurance Brokers Limited – FRN: 131227 – Failed 17th May 2001
  • SRFM Limited formerly Paramount Financial Services Limited
  • David Bruce and others formerly t/as Bruce & Partners
    Medical Insurance Agency Limited
  • Sage Financial Services Limited formerly The Investment Alliance Ltd & Hilliard Associates Ltd – FRN: 147353 – Failed 11th Aug 2006
  • Berkeley Independent Advisers Limited
  • Beddis Hobbs Investment Services Limited (subsequently known as Draftdance Limited) – FRN: 136021 – Failed 23rd Feb 1999
  • Eurosure Investment Services Limited (prev R.A. Barclay (Boston) Ltd) – FRN: 150459 – Failed 9th Feb 2006
  • The Clarkson Hill Group plc formerly City & Merchant Financial Services Limited – FRN: 207520 – Failed 13th May 2011
  • Addiscombe Group Limited formerly Inter-Alliance Group Plc – FRN: 165987 – Failed 29th Jan 2007
  • Tribune Independent Financial Management Limited – FRN: 70019 – Failed 30th Nov 1999
  • Abbey Financial Services – FRN: 21707 – Failed 27th May 1999

Seeking compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is an area that X-Claims can assist with. We provide you with the expertise and support you need, to navigate the complexities of your FSCS case and secure the rightful compensation you deserve.

Get Help With Your Complaint Today & Contact X-Claims


X-Claims has a proven track record in successfully winning maximum compensation for their clients and work on a no win no-fee basis with no up-front fees. You can only make a claim once, so using a professionally qualified regulated firm can be invaluable. If you are unhappy in any way and are dissatisfied with your financial product then please get in touch with us. 

You do not need to use a claims management company to make a claim

You can do this yourself for free, and if your claim is unsuccessful you can pursue it yourself with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If your product provider or your financial advisor is no longer in business, you may be able to use the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (subject to their Rules).

X-Claims Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – FRN: 829746

Get In Touch

Have a question or just want to get in touch? Give us a call or fill in our contact form. Would you like to speak to one of our specialists over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.

Footer Contact Form

Opening Times
Monday – Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed

0800 1303663

[email protected]

Postal Address
PO Box 470, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 9FG

Administration Address
Oakley House, Fordcombe Road, Penshurst, Kent, TN11 8DP

Contact Us

Footer Contact Form