Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will find some of the answers to the most common questions we get asked.

You could be due thousands of pounds in compensation if you’ve lost money after receiving inadequate advice on investments such as ISAs, Unit Trusts, Investment Bonds or your Pension, so if you are unsure just get in touch today.

How Do I Know If I Have A FSAVC Claim?

Each product is different and our team of specialists can assist you with a quick telephone call to help ascertain if you have the basis of a claim. Simply fill in our contact form and we can arrange an appointment date, and time to suit you.

I do not have my pension or policy number, can I still claim?

We are able to source your pension and policy details and paperwork by writing to your provider, using a letter of authority, so please do not be concerned if you are not able to remember all your details.

How long will my claim take?

Depending on the complexity of your case, claims can take anywhere from 6 months to up to 12+ months, and sometimes longer if we have to appeal to the Financial Ombudsman.

Is there a lot of paperwork involved, as I do not have much time?

X-Claims takes the hassle, complexity and stress away from our clients who are very limited on time to be able to deal with their own claims, which can be very complex and time consuming. We deal with your claim on your behalf and guide you through the entire claims process, whilst sending you regular updates.

What are Added Years?

An added years contract is a service based benefit available only in the 1995 Section of the Pension Scheme. It allows Members who could not achieve the maximum Scheme Membership, at their normal pension age, to purchase additional Membership. This additional Membership provides you with additional index-linked pension and a tax-free lump sum.

What is LTA?

The lifetime allowance is set by the government and limits the total amount you can build up in pension benefits over your lifetime, whilst still enjoying the full tax benefits. If you go over the Allowance you will generally pay a tax charge on the excess when you take a lump sum or income from your pension pot, transfer overseas or reach age 75 with unused pension benefits.