St. James's Place

Complaint Experts
Make An EnquiryAbout Us

Have You Lost Money After Receiving Advice From St. James’s Place?

Types of complaints:

  • Mis-sold Pensions
  • ISA’s, Investment
  • Shares
  • Stocks
  • Offshore Bonds
  • High charges and Penalty Charges
  • General IFA Mis-advice


If any of the following points apply to you, it is very likely that you have grounds for a claim:

    • Millions of pounds in financial adviser fees are being deducted from UK investors’ ISAs, pensions and investments every year – these fees could be refunded to you.
    • In most cases the adviser is simply not able to provide the full extent of the services that they promised. This means clients are paying substantial fees for absolutely nothing. Their commission-based advisers may not have given you the best advice.
    • Due to regulatory changes in 2012 nearly all investments and pensions have built in adviser charges. These are deducted every month / year to pay for an agreed level of ongoing service.
    • Each time the adviser fails to meet these service levels they are breaching the terms of their contractual arrangements and you could be due compensation.
    • Pensions: You were advised to switch your pension, Consolidate your pensions; Consolidation is rarely good advice but earns commission which is deducted from your pension, You were advised to stop one policy and start another, Their advice caused an unexpected tax bill.

Get Help With Your Complaint Today & Contact X-Claims

X-Claims has a proven track record in successfully winning maximum compensation for their clients and work on a no win no-fee basis with no up-front fees. You can only make a claim once, so using a professionally qualified regulated firm can be invaluable. If you are unhappy in any way and are dissatisfied with SJP then please get in touch with us. Fill in our Contact form Below.

Recent financial press, (see our linked articles below), has highlighted the high charges and lower performance of some SJP funds and St James’ Place (SJP) does not give independent advice.
Which Article - Misleading Customers about Charges
Professional Advisor Article SJP Complaints Dwarf Other Large Advice Firms
International Investment Article - SJP Refused to Compensate
Money Marketing Article - SJP Top of Complaints Life

You do not need to use a claims management company to make a claim

You can do this yourself for free, and if your claim is unsuccessful you can pursue it yourself with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If your product provider or your financial advisor is no longer in business, you may be able to use the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (subject to their Rules).

X-Claims Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – FRN: 829746






“The service from X-Claims was excellent from the word go. Very friendly and helpful with explanations and advice at all times – an efficient service throughout. Thank you!”

Dr M Jun 2021

Doctor, Successful Claim

“I would not have attempted to make a claim without their help. Recommended by a colleague. I received substantial compensation. X-Claims were efficient and dogged in negotiating the bureaucracy. Strongly recommend them.”
Dr K – Feb 2021

Doctor, Successful Claim

“Despite what was clearly a complex case, involving mis-selling of FSAVC nearly 30 years ago, and an initial rejection of the claim by the company concerned, X-Claims refused to give up and ended up having to go via the ombudsman in order to resolve the matter. Although the whole process took over 2 years, none of the delays were with X-Claims, but all with the investment company and ombudsman. All emails were responded to promptly and all explanations and requests for information clear. So the expenditure of time on my part, in order to reach the required conclusion, was very modest. Furthermore, when it was clear that the compensation, in terms of the amount finally agreed to top up my AVC pot, would have landed me with a huge tax bill because of incurring annual allowance taxes, they negotiated a reasonable cash payout within a matter of days.”
Dr N – Nov 2020

Doctor, Successful Claim